How to Program
Welcome to KULUMI content programming!
Before programming the contents into the KULUMI, please prepare your data pack. Especially for KULUMI Mini, the preparation for the data pack must be specific. For instructions click here and for example project click here
There are 2 ways to program your contents to the KULUMI devices:
- Direct Copy
- Using SaberCopy
- You must use a Windows PC to copy the files.
- Delete the SD card content. No need to format the card.
- Put the “HTGv2.cmd” and “MAC_Exclude.txt” file into your content folder. This ensures that files are copied correctly. Download the latest version here.
- Double click on the “HTGv3.cmd” file.
- Type the drive letter of the device you want to copy.
You can type multiple drive letters to copy to more than 1 drive at a time.
Example: “g” will copy content to g:\.
Example: “g f” will copy to content to both G:\ and F:\
Example: “e f g h i” will copy to content to drive E:\ through to I:\
- A Window(s) will open showing the copy process.
Please check the first one to see if it copies in the right order. It will close when it is done.
You can download the software here. SaberCopy can also be used to program multiple KULUMIs all at once.
How to use the software:
- Run SaberCopy. The main window will be displayed. It will show all open Saber Projects on the left, and a list of currently attached removable drives on the right. The list of attached devices may also include card reader slots even though no card is actually inserted.
- Create a Saber Project by clicking on the [New Project] button. The Project Details window will be shown.
- In the Project Details window, drag folders or files across from the folder tree or file list on the left, to the target list on the right. Folders and files are always added to the end of the target list, regardless of where on the target list they are dropped. Use the Up and Down buttons to change the sequence of the target list.
- Click on the Output Options tab, click on “custom options.” Unselect “include hidden folders and files” and “include empty folders.”
- Click on the Copy and Check tab, select “Delete all files and subdirectories” and check content files “First 4KB”
WARNING: Selecting “Delete all files and subdirectories” will delete all the existing files in the drive. An option to select would be “No change”; however, please make sure that the drive is empty.
- Click [OK] on the Project Details window when complete. This will return you to the main window. The project will be shown in the Projects List on the left side of the window.
- Attach one or more devices to your computer. The devices will be shown in the Removable Drives and Destination Folders List on the right side of the window. Note that Saber players will show up as two separate drives: one for the internal memory and one for the SD card reader.
- Connect projects to specific drives using the drop-down list on each drive, or you can drag and drop a project onto a drive, or a drive onto a project to connect them. Use the drop-down list to disable specific drives that you do not want to copy to or modify in any way. Drives that are connected to projects will automatically be checked to determine whether the files on the drive match the files in the project.
- Once each drive is connected to the appropriate project, click on the [Copy All] button on the project, or the [Copy] button on each drive, to begin the copying process.
- When copying is complete, the drive is again automatically checked to see if the files on the drive match the files in the project.
- Remove the drive(s) and insert other drives to repeat the process.
System requirements: This software requires Microsoft Windows or compatible operating system. Most functions also work on Mac or Linux using the Wine emulator – see www.winehq.org.